This Is Why I Love Oprah

TV Barn Ticker: Thanks to Oprah, 'Anna Karenina' is #1

For the first time, Oprah picked a book she hadn't read first. I've read Anna at least twice, and I'm thinking that I'll read it again this summer. Right after I finish this incredible biography of Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow.

Something tells me a new movie version will be in the works. I'd love to see Julianne Moore as Anna, but I bet Meryl Streep would throw anybody in her way in front of a train to play the part. And I wouldn't complain a single bit...

No, no, who am I kidding? Susan Sarandon should play Anna. She's the perfect age right now.

I know, I know. They just did a version (actually two miniseries and a movie) of Anna recently. You don't see any remakes of The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter in production, do you?

Oh, well. I'll keep my fingers crossed.