I, Robot: Interview with cast members at Movie.com

Movie News on Movies.com

I was just saying the other day that I wish someone would film I, Robot. I've seen an Ellison script, but from the description on this page, they seem to be revising one of the Elijah-Daneel stories to include Susan Calvin. Will Smith is playing a Del Spooner, whom I'm unfamiliar with in Asimov's work.

According to Yahoo! Movies, the script is based on a story not by Asimov, but written in the Robot universe. It alludes to the nine stories that make up the original I, Robot collection. The Caves of Steel is also in development for Universal - I, Robot is slated for distribution through Fox, which also has Shekhar Kapur attached to direct some Foundation novels as well.

Asimov is breaking hard in the movie world, and it's about time.